Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"POTPOURRI," 11016, mixed media collage © Carol Nelson Fine Art


This painting is a collection of found objects, art papers, leather,  aluminum, brads, nails, and acrylic paints. These collages are a lot of  fun to make and are one of the most popular things I teach artists about in my workshops.

I always encourage artists to use a limited palette because with so many different texture materials, having all the colors closely coordinated has a unifying effect on the final piece.

For more information about this 24x7 inch painting, please click here to go to my website.

2 comments:

  1. Despite a limited palette the range of tones is very pleasing. Textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this piece. Love the way you used all the various textures and the long format, very nice Carol.

    ReplyDelete