Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Abstract Art, Contemporary Painting, Expressionism, “Ancient Secrets” by Contemporary Artist Tracy Lupanow




"I wanted to show that the fables and mythic tales which the ancients have handed down to us and in which painters and sculptors never cease to find mindless pleasure are the hieroglyphics of a secret, inexhaustible wisdom. I sometimes thought I felt its breath, as though coming from behind a veil." 
- Hugo von Hofmannsthal

The longer one looks at this painting the more it reveals itself to the viewer. Hidden beneath the tissue thin layers of monoprinted collage elements you will find writing, scribbles, and interesting symbols that seem to have an old story to tell! Painted with many layers of acrylic,charcoal pencil, ink sticks, monoprints and found papers. On a wood cradled board

20"x20"x.75 Mixed Media Collage on a Cradled Wood Panel

$425

Click HERE to purchase.


View more of my work at http://tracylupanow.com


 Follow me on Facebook
 Follow me on Pinterest
 Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment