Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Expressionism, Contemporary Painting, Mixed Media Art, “Energy” by Texas Contemporary Artist Sharon Whisnand


This is an "energetic" acrylic painting with a lot of texture and color. Sometimes paintings come together easily and sometimes they don't. I love using gesso before beginning a painting for a couple of reasons - to create an underlying texture and to give "tooth" and to scribble or press items into the wet gesso to create underlying patterns. This painting has splatters, colors of turquoise, yellow, orange and a deep burgundy. Drywall tape (the kind with little holes) was used to create additional raised texture, then some heavier acrylic was slung across and dripped down. A very fun and energetic painting was created.

11"x14"x1.5" Acrylic on Canvas/Available

Click HERE for pricing.

View more of my work at http://sharonwhisnandfineart.com

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment