Thursday, September 20, 2018

Mixed Media Abstract Painting “COLOR STUDY RED" © Carol Nelson Fine Art



A couple years ago I did a Color Study on 9x14 paper.  It has been one of the most liked images on my website and Pinterest pages.  I decided to have a 12x36 inch print made of the original.  That meant I had to crop it severely to fit into that format.
When the print arrived at my studio, I PAINTED OVER the printed image.
I modified the color in places to match my bathroom. I think it turned out fabulous. 
I have never "embellished" a print to this degree before.
Since it was completely painted over, is it an original?

12"x36" x1.3" Mixed Media/Private Collection


View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

======================================

Follow me on facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram

Study with me Virtually?
Check out my video "New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials," HERE







No comments:

Post a Comment