Friday, February 3, 2017

"Magic in the Mess", Original Mixed Media Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

"Magic in the Mess"


As with everyone, there always seems to be some mess, some drama going on in life.  This painting evolved through the messes.  It had several "ugly duckling" stages.  I almost wanted to trash it and start all over again - several times.  Just when I thought it was not salvageable, this butterfly started making it's way into the piece.  Almost as if coming out of its cocoon.  It ended up being one of my favorite paintings, one of my favorite "stories". 

It was created with several layers of paint, inks, painted papers, and modeling paste. 

This piece is available.  I'd love to hear from you if you have any comments or questions!  My email is:  



https://www.facebook.com/donnamartinfineart/

No comments:

Post a Comment