Friday, October 28, 2016

Mixed Media Abstract Landscape Collage, "Twilight Time" by Carol Nelson Fine Art

Twilight Time, 8x8 mixed media collage by Carol Nelson

What color is the sky in this painting? It's hard to say, isn't it? That's because it started out light purple (Golden Dioxazine Purple + Titanium White). I wish I had taken a picture of it with that butt-ugly purple sky.

Anyhow, it sat around my studio for over a month looking ugly. Then, yesterday, as I was putting finishing touches on some of the demo paintings I had done recently for students in my workshops and private instruction, I came across that pukey purple sky.

I thought I might as well try glazing Miracle in a Bottle over it. What's Miracle in a Bottle, you ask?


Golden's Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold fluid acrylic. I glazed it over almost the ENTIRE painting. It is very transparent, so the color changes are subtle - unless it's over pukey purple - then it's pretty dramatic.

I love this subtle gold colored sky now. I've actually SEEN the sky that color in the moment just after the sun sets. When a painting is lacking in color harmony, and you just are stumped at what to do with it, try a glaze of the miracle color. I bet your problem will be solved.



 8"x8"x1.5 Mixed Media on Panel/Available

 Click HERE for pricing.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

======================================

My new VIDEO is out…..

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D






No comments:

Post a Comment