Sunday, December 20, 2015

Faux batik floral painting, "Golden Poppies" by Mixed Media Artist Carol Nelson

"Golden Poppies" 8x8 faux batik by Carol Nelson


This painting is an example of my "faux batik" process in which the painting is covered with wax, then flooded with a darker color. The dark color seeps into the cracks in the wax and leaves a random pattern. It's a very interesting and unpredictable effect.

My previous post showed the faux batik look on rice paper. This one is painted on 100% cotton fabric. I found that cotton needs to be primed before painting with either gesso or polymer medium.

The painting then may be glued to a wood, canvas, or paper surface. This one is glued to 140 lb watercolor paper and matted.

 8x8 Acrylic

 Click HERE for pricing.

 For more information, please see my website.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

No comments:

Post a Comment