Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Mixed Media Geologic Abstract Art Painting "Turquoise Matrix"© Carol Nelson Fine Art

Turquoise Matrix, 6x12, by Carol Nelson

This painting uses a couple different materials to achieve the look of turquoise gemstones. I used tyvek and something I've never used before: popcorn ceiling patch!

I bought a tub of it at Home Depot (I seem to spend a lot of time perusing the aisles of HD). This is the first time I've used it in a painting.

It is not flexible when dry, so you have to use it on a solid wood surface, not canvas. It will definitely require a coat of polymer medium to make it secure on the surface.

 6""x12"" Mixed Media on Panel/Available

 Click HERE for purchase info.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

No comments:

Post a Comment