Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A New Adventure...Enjoying the Ride!

New Adventure and a work in progress...
 
 
I did the background starting with a very bland gray paint.  I added a leaf stencil using orange paint over the gray.  Added some papers and yellow and red paint with a glazing medium.  WOW, too bright!  Hmmm...added some white and some glass bead gel.  It helped, but not quite sure if I'm totally happy with it.  What to do, what to do...do other artists question this stuff too? 

 
Man, I have been obsessed with these paintings for some reason.  It's a really strong pull for me to get them done.  I wonder who I am creating these for...what's their story, are they drawn to these as I am?  So, back to work.  I added some sheet music and added a glaze with a little more white.  Also added more stenciling witht the leaf stencil.  I began to add some brown ink to the nest and around the leaves.

 
I did the same things on the bird canvas as I did with the nest.  This weekend at a local market, I found a really cool piece of wood that I am thinking about incorporating into these two paintings.  I was up until midnight thinking about these.  I have to be at work at my "day job" at 7:00!  Obsession and passion.  No other words for me in making art. 

 
Here again, added more white glaze to the background and sheet music.  Started painting the limbs and around the leaves. 
 
I almost feel like with these two paintings, I'm on this adventure into the unknown.  It's exciting and I can't figure out where they are taking me, but I am enjoying the ride!  Who knows where we will end up! 
 


Follow me on Facebook at: Donna L. Martin Fine Art.
 

 
Feel free to contact me at:  saltlightwatercolors@yahoo.com
 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love these Donna! Especially the top one! :D

    ReplyDelete