Saturday, December 14, 2013

"Fumiko's Fan Dance" Asian Inspired Contemporary Figurative Collage by Melody Cleary, Oregon Artist


© Melody Cleary.  9 x 12 image, mixed papers and acrylic on 140# watercolor paper.
"Fumiko's Fan Dance"

These figuratives evolve from a rough grid of layered papers.  Some are transparent acrylic stained that I make myself and then some are store bought handmade and printed papers.  I had no preconceived idea that this would be an asian figure, in fact, I had a totally different idea in my head.  The shapes just suggested this. 
There are tiny dots of gold on the fans and in a few other pieces of paper giving it some elegance.

Contact me at my website.

Prints and note cards are available.

MELODY CLEARY, OREGON ARTIST - CONTEMPORARY LANDSCAPE, WATERSCAPE AND ABSTRACT PAINTINGS

1 comment: