Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Painting on Cover of new Blick Catalog - Carol Nelson

Color Quad





I'm excited to share with you this new Blick Catalog cover. If you're a customer of Blick Art Materials, you'll probably get one in the mail soon. If you look carefully at my painting, Color Quad, you will see that the bottom right quarter panel of this quadtych was used as the cover image.  How cool is that?!


I have no idea how Blick came across this image of mine, or why they chose to use it (perhaps they recognized genius).  lol

We had to jump through quite a few hoops to make this happen, however, because Blick needed a high resolution image of the painting. I had already sold the painting and the only image I had on my computer was too small for printing. 

Fortunately, I was able to contact the owner of the painting, and he agreed to send the original painting to Blick so they could get a high res photo of it. 

Ironically, the original painting was only about 300 miles from the Blick offices in Illinois.  I sent the owner of the painting one of my Gemstone Series painting as a thank you for his efforts on my behalf.

A few years ago, the Blick Art Materials folks had me paint a painting on their newly marketed quad packs - 4 gallery wrap canvases sold in a pack of four.  Below is the painting I did for them that was featured in their catalog.


The nice thing about that painting is that Blick supplied the canvases, and then they bought the painting!

Click here to check out more of my work on my website.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Carol! Your art looks perfect on their cover.

    DB contacted me recently about featuring holiday designs in their winter catalog, so guess they review CFAI blogs...

    ReplyDelete