Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paper Geisha by Leada Wood

Paper Geisha by Leada Wood©

This is a fun painting I did yesterday at a workshop with Suzy Pal at Studio Twenty. I have always wanted to do a geisha painting but never thought of doing her completely out of paper until yesterday.  I ripped colors from magazine pages and glued them to watercolor paper. The different textures in the paper gives the value, shape and color to the composistion. Everyone did their own composistion and there were many interesting paintings done in this exciting medium. The gloss varnish makes the paper archival so the colors stay brilliant for a long time. I have done a lot of collage and mixed media but have never used just magazine pages.
To see more of my work please visit  http://www.leadawood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment