Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA - PAPER AND CLOTH - UNTITLED BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ

UNTITLED CLOTH PAPER - A1

ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA - PAPER AND CLOTH
19 x 15
BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ

I started this mixed media collage with a piece of discharged black cotton that I experimented with and wondered if I'd ever use. I'm attempting to really be conscious of using and or recycling everything these days - trying to do my part to send less to the landfill. Once I chose a few components and decided on an Asian influence I knew I had to keep it somewhat simple. I used torn images from a magazine, tulle, upholstery samples, rice paper, crepe paper, origami paper, Asian glass beads linen-silk-cotton variegated yarn and some metal thread. I like to work on this type of art once in a while because once you lay down your first or second component you create yourself a set of problems to work your way out of over a few weeks to come up with the end result. I think I'll mount this piece on board and mat and frame it. Just need to determine the right style of frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment